Venue: 44AD Artspace
Dates: 30th Sept – 6th October 2019
Open to all subscription paying members.
Introducing a new exhibition format
Exhibition limited to just 10 large scale images (approximately 20 x 26 inches) mounted and framed in the high quality gallery frames initially commissioned for our previous 31 Studio, Salgado exhibition.
All existing members are invited to submit up to 3 jpeg images on the theme of ‘Witness’.
This follows on from current and ongoing PhotoBath projects on the theme of documenting change in British society.
- For the purposes of selection, identities will be anonymised as a given number and each of their submissions will be given a letter
- A written supporting title/statement of no more than 100 words specifically about the image (not biographical – not obligatory).
- External curators – professionals in the photography industry, long experience of curating and selecting.
- The selection panel will have no knowledge of which images belong to any participating member.
- The selection panel will be encouraged to select the 10 images for the exhibition and also up to five borderline ‘honourable mentions’ who may also be included if there are any late withdraws.
- Other entries to be shown on projector loop
Process: Fees and costs
- There is a non-refundable fee of £20 for each participating member payable in advance of the submission deadline.
- Those who are chosen for selection will be responsible for preparing their prints to a high professional art print quality standard at their own cost in good time for mounting and framing.
- Existing mount windows currently included with the frames may be used, however it may be necessary to crop the image slightly to fit the mount window.
- If a successful submission is square or of an unusual size or ratio within the frame, the member will be required to pay for their bespoke mount of similar quality and specifications as the others, although, of course, they will keep it after the exhibition has ended.
Process: benefits, volunteers and duties
- Other exhibition costs including, gallery hire, promotion and marketing, printing and private view refreshments will be covered by PhotoBath.
- In circumstances of hardship, PhotoBath may cover the cost of printing on Fuji Digital Paper.
- PhotoBath volunteers will carry out the framing and hanging process.
Participants will need to be available for invigilation duties.
Process: terms and conditions
- Any image submitted may be used for promotion and marketing of this event and used on the PhotoBath website without any payment to the member/photographer.
- Members will not be permitted to keep the mounts or frames after the exhibition has finished unless they have bought them themselves!
June 1st: Deadline for submissions and payment.
August 1st: Successful participants will be notified.
September 1st: Prints need to be submitted at the correct size. Failure to meet this deadline may mean losing your inclusion.
September 14th: Marketing distribution
September 30th: ‘Get In’ hang exhibition
October 1st: Exhibition Opens – Private View
October 6th: Exhibition Ends, ‘Get Out’.
Arrangements will be made for members to collect their prints in the week following the end of the exhibition.
Photo Credit: Daz Smith